Thursday, April 8, 2010

Anticipation

Next Wednesday, April 14th, is the day! Melissa, Aaron, Audrey, & Braylon leave for Jamaica.
How do I feel? Joy, excitement, sadness, anticipation, pride, humility, eagerness- all the emotions are flowing.
I think most of the emotions are easy to understand but I have been thinking a lot about one in particular thanks to a book that Melissa and Aaron gave to us as a gift- Parents of Missionaries.

Anticipation and eagerness-I am excited to see how God is going to unfold this next chapter of life. Not only for the Black but also for me & Kevin as POMs-Parents of Missionaries. What opportunities await?!

Want I wish to do is connect with other POMs. To be a support for them and also to seek out their support.

Being a POM also gives me opportunities to be specific in prayer as M & A give me information and as I talk with other POMs.

Maybe this will lead to a new growth group through Farmland Friends Church.

As you can tell my head has been spinning with possibilities. It is exciting to be a part of this thing call missions.
It is also humbling to realize that God has chosen me to a parent/grandparent to HIS missionaries. How to be a long distance parent/grandparent? It takes creativity that's for sure.

Stayed tuned-there's more to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment