Monday, July 5, 2010

Update

How do you create memories with your missionary grandkids?
You record stories on the computer via a web cam (audio) then you burn these recordings on to a CD. Ship the cd and books to your missionaries. Or you make sure they already have the books you are planning to record.
I borrowed the books from the library after Melissa told me which ones Braylon and Audrey already had in Jamaica. Plus I included a couple of new ones. To save on postage Nate took them down when he went for a 6 week visit.

How else? Audrey and I type e-mail letters to each other using lots of little, funny icons.
Braylon and I make truck noise and funny faces on skype.
And of course there is snail mail with little surprises included.

The parents of missionaries group is taking shape. Actually it is a group for anyone close to a missionary-parent, sibling, family, friend. The first meeting will be Thursday, July 15th at 6:30. If you are interested in coming contact me through here, facebook, or The Branches at Farmland Friends Church.

I am Nana again!
Carla and Mike became a threesome on Tuesday, June 29th.
Zoe Jo Lacy weighed in at 7 lbs 2.7 oz and was 19 1/4 inches long.
Everyone is adjusting and doing well.




No comments:

Post a Comment